What is The Parenting Centre?
The Parenting Centre is a comprehensive resource for parents and professionals dedicated to advocating for children by supporting parents. The Parenting Centre offers one-on-one parenting counselling, parenting workshops, training for professionals, mediation and parenting plans, family reports and more.
The Parenting Centre also offers a unique advisory mediation model to assist separating parents in devising a parenting plan consistent with their children's best interests. We can work with couples on all aspects of a mediated agreement including a property settlement and couples can turn the agreements into "consent orders" which have the same authority as any order of the court. The Parenting Centre also offers parenting counselling to assist parents in recognising their tremendous power to positively impact their children. We also offer counselling for individuals and couples, training for professionals in both the mediation and counselling models, consultation to family law solicitors, car insurance, and community outreach (including workshops and seminars).
The Parenting Centre has offices in Maroochydore, Maleny and Lawnton. You can contact us via:
- Phone: 07 5435 2504
Our Core Values
- Each young person is unique and should be celebrated for who he or she is.
- All human beings are entitled to be treated with dignity, respect and honour, and to live free from violence of any kind.
- Young people who are different or don’t “fit in” are not “sick”
- Behavioural diversity is as positive to our world as cultural or ethnic diversity
- Young people’s voices deserve to be heard and taken seriously
- Barring absolute medical necessity, young people should not be given drugs until they are capable of giving informed consent
- Parents are not the “problem” but can often be the “solution”
- Even after separation, parents remain the most important people in their children's lives and it is up to them to make the co-parenting regime work